sCAN : RS232 to CAN Converter
- Specification : CAN 2.0A and 2.0B
- Maximum Distance : 1 km
- Maximum Speed : 1 Mbps
- Connector : DE9 Plug
- Signals : CAN_H, CAN_L, VDD, GND
- Maximum Distance : 15 m
- Maximum Speed : 460.8 kbps
- Connector : DE9 Socket
- Signals : TxD, RxD, GND, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR
- Operating Temperature : -40~85 °C
- Storing Temperature : -40~85 °C
- Humidity : 5 ~ 95 % Non-condensing
sCAN : RS232 to CAN ConvertersCAN Converter
– Provides Integrated Uility for Windows (Configure, send/receive, Firmware Update)
– Provides Serial Commands, C source code, and API
– CAN 2.0A/CAN2.0C Compatile
– Communication Status Checking by LED
– 5V DC Power Supply from DE9 or CAN VBus
– Industrial Operating Temperature -40 ~ 85 °C
– ±15KV ESD Protection
– Power Supply: 5 VDC (RS-232 or CAN port)
sCAN converts RS232 signals to CAN signals and CAN signals to RS232 signals. The built-in processor can identify a serial command to modify the configuration or transmit/receive CAN signals. The CAN transmit/receive commands can be modified that the users do not have to modify the software or the system they are using. The commands can be sent to the unit by terminal, but for integrated use with others, sCAN utility is provided which allows users to communicate, test and update the firmware.
CAN Features Provided
sCAN provides reliable communication with features that can detect error when sending data and resends them with ART (Automatic Retransmission) feature and automatically recover when CAN bus is off with ABOR (Automatic Bus-Off Recovery) feature.
sCAN allows the users to receive the desired CAN ID. Using the mask feature, only the necessary CAN frame can be acquired with light processing load. This function can be set using terminal or sCAN utility.
The TEC (Transmit Error Count), REC (Receive Error Count), and LEC (Last Error Code) can be check with sCAN View. By using these, when the users check the change of error counts, they can easily check the status of the CAN bus.
With easy-to-understand GUI, CANView can be configured easily. From it, users can monitor and test CAN data received from sCAN. Additionally, monitored CAN data can be saved with TXT format that it can be utilized easily when analyzing data.